We believe it is important to balance looking smart, being active, being inclusive and cost. It is with these factors in mind that we have decided on a few changes:
Our uniform no longer requires a school logo of any kind. This will help reduce costs tremendously and allow you to buy the uniform in virtually any shop.
All children attending Woodford School from September 2022 should wear the following:
- Shoes - plain all black shoes, boots or trainers (please no logos/different coloured soles, etc).
- A bottle green jumper, cardigan or sweatshirt (logo optional).
- Plain white, long sleeved polo shirt or plain white short sleeved polo shirt (logo optional).
- Grey trousers, grey skirt or grey pinafore.
- Green and white gingham dresses
- Optional summer uniform – grey shorts.
- Black shorts
- Black jogging bottoms
- White t-shirt
- Black hoodie or jumper
- Trainers from Year 1 upwards
- Plain white, grey or black socks.
- Plain black tights (no leggings)
- Hair below the shoulder should be tied back and may be accessorised with green clips etc.
- Green plain or logo book bag (Year R-Y4)
- During the Autumn and Winter terms we ask that all children bring with them a coat, without one they may not be allowed out during playtime and lunchtime (weather permitting).
- All children require a coat in school for outdoor lessons (weather permitting).
As our playground gets very sunny during hot weather we encourage pupils to wear sun hats and to apply a high factor sun cream before coming to school.
Our current uniform provider is Karlsports Schoolwear, however you will be able to buy our school uniform from most shops.
Should you wish to use Karlsports to buy your uniform, please click here to go to their website and you can order a delivery to home or school. They also have a store at Unit 7 Trafalgar Road, Kettering (just behind B&Q) and you are able to pop in 6 days a week 9 till 5 weekdays and till 3 on Saturdays to take away uniform.
We have taken a look at some popular shops to see where you can get the best deals and you can see the list below - but please feel free to buy them from any shop you like.
ALL clothing must be marked with your child's name. Lost property which is named is returned to it's owner. Unnamed items are put into lost property for 2 weeks, after which they are either recycled in the 'use me again' box in the Rainbow Room or donated to charity.
We welcome donations of uniform no longer required which are in good condition and which we can sell on to other parents at a very reduced cost. These are available in our Rainbow Room which is next to our front reception area.
Pupil Premium – Do you qualify?
If you are eligible, you will receive £260 per academic year, per child to spend on:
- An allowance of £100 towards the cost to purchase uniform (no sports trainers, no underwear, water bottles, lunchboxes or bags other than Woodford book bags)
As a school we can sanction children for breaching the school’s guidance on uniform.
Complaints and challenges to school uniform policy
Disputes about school uniforms will be resolved locally and should be pursued in accordance with the school’s complaints policy.